Throwback Hostess Snack Cake packaging


I'm really digging all of the throwback food packaging that's popping up these days. Doritos, soda, numerous snacks, and of course snack cakes have released some great retro boxes. Here's two I particularly loved from recent years..


Throwback Twinkie Packaging

The original Banana flavored Twinkies are back.  When they first came back to market, they were also accompanied by retro packaging featuring Twinkie the Kid. I so love the the banana flavor, and like it better than the original. The old box art took me right back to when I was a wee lad.



Throwback Hostess Cupcake packaging

More retro packaging featuring an advertising icon from years gone by.. Captain Cup Cake!  I grew up watching the old Hostess snack cake commercials featuring these great characters, and it was awesome to see them once again. Now all they need to do is bring back Fruit Pie the Magician or Chauncey Chocodile, and I'll be one happy camper.

Comments