Hostess Limited Edition Tiger Tail Twinkies

 A friend gave me one of the limited edition Tiger Tail Twinkies the other day and I've got to say I was impressed. 

Hostess Tiger Tail Twinkie

I'm a sucker for orange flavored snack cakes, and the orange creme filling was divine. The low key contrast of the sponge cake was a perfect match with the filling. It kind of reminded me of an inside out creamsicle, in soft fluffy snack cake form of course. 

Orange creme filled Tiger Tail Twinkie

These are not the Tiger Tails from years past. Those classic but since discontinued snacks were basically a Twinkie with raspberry jelly stripes on the outside, and sprinkled with coconut. The current incarnation sadly only has stripes featured on the packaging. I really do hold out hope they may someday re-release the classic version, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Comments