Review - Tastykake Koffee Kake Cupkakes

I'm a sucker for Coffee Cake, so I decided to pick up some 'Tastykake Koffee Kake Cupkakes'.  Here are my thoughts..




These are cute little looking cupcakes except for one thing.  Those 'crumbs' that they are covered with. They actually remind me of Hamster food I used to feed to my pet Gerbils as a kid. It's not off putting per say, but not very appealing to me personally.

Why call them crumbs?  Your typical crumbs that are on a standard coffee cake are great, and add a nice little crunch for some contrast to a moist coffee cake. These cylinders, are not really crunchy, and added very little if anything to the coffee cake.



The creme filling was actually my favorite part of this cupcake, but that was no shock as Tastykake makes a great creme filling. I would definitely not call this a coffee cake in any shape, way, or form. First and foremost, there is no cinnamon or any other flavor that's close to being like a coffee cake. It's basically a creme filled yellow cupcake trying to pass itself off as a coffee cake themed simile. It's not a bad tasting cake, but not something I will probably ever buy again. There are way better yellow cake and coffee cake options readily available on the market.

Comments