My single most favorite item I buy at ALDI Supermarket

Today I'm going to share my absolute favorite item that I regularly purchase at ALDI. 'Pains au Chocolat' Sweet Brioche Rolls.

Sweet Brioche Rolls.

Brioche roll from Aldi

For a few bucks and change,  L’Oven Fresh 'Pains au Chocolat' are an absolute bargain. These are beautiful and authentic Brioche style rolls with dark chocolate baked within.

Pains au Chocolat


These rolls are actually made in France and are touted as "Sweet brioche rolls filled with creamy rich chocolate". Each roll is individually wrapped and taste very fresh, as well as very non-artificial. 



While I tend to gobble down snack cakes, this is one I slow down to relish. In fact, it's currently my favorite afternoon snack that I'll often enjoy with a nice cup of coffee. I love popping them into the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds, which perfectly warms them inside, and smooths the dark chocolate out perfectly.

Pains au Chocolat Sweet Brioche Roll


At 190 calories, these wonderful little rolls won't break the calorie bank as well. The only problem I have really isn't a problem with the item per say, but with ALDI.. as they simply don't stock enough of them. It seems as if they instantly fly off of the shelves after they've been stocked. Probably not a bad thing, as I currently only find them about once a month. If they were more abundant, I'd be consuming many more of them I'm sure.

All in all, a delightfully good and fresh tasting baked treat. Soft, flaky and not overly sweet. It is also possibly the freshest tasting packaged baked good I've ever eaten. Do yourself a favor and try these out if you ever have the good fortune to find them in the bread section of ALDI. I'd bet money you won't be disappointed.


Comments